Help

Re: How to generate a letter (pdf) through button on AirTable's Interface Designer?

1366 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drew_Nemer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

there are so many options out there, but I have our employees work exclusively out of the Interface Designer.  What is the best options out there (affordable or free) to generate letters at a click of a button?

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Two of the leading ones are DocuMint and DocsAutomator.

Alternatively, you can use any document-generation app that you’d like — including plain old fashioned Google Docs or Microsoft Word — by using Make.

Any of these can be triggered by buttons/checkboxes/single-select fields/automations. For one idea on how to trigger a Make automation, I created this post.

Hi Scott,

Can you explain to me how I could program Make to generate a document with Microsoft Word?  I am reading your thread, but I am a beginner so I might need some more steps broken down in creating the Make scenario.  

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It’s too difficult for me to post detailed instructions & screenshots here, and the responses here also aren’t indexed. I would post screenshots of your scenario here, so me or one of the other Make experts can help out.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Sergio
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!

The Interface Designer is a very good tool in Airtable, but not very flexible. You can try extensions for Airtable to create documents. One such extension is Plumsail Documents, an application for generating documents from templates. They have a trial period during which you can test the app.

There is a very good article Airtable extension for seamless document creation and, if you don’t like to read, there is also a video How to use Plumsail Documents extension for Airtable document creation.