Help

Re: How to link records from a BASE table to another Base table?

1175 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramona_Russo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everybody, my question is how do I link records from a base table to another base table, is this possible?

I’m working on two different bases, Product catalogues /orders and business budgeting.
I would like to link order sales from the Product catalogue base to the income table in budgeting base. How do I do that?

Thank you in advance
Ramona

6 Replies 6

Unfortunately you can’t do that. You could add another voice in here:

bdelanghe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi :wave: @Ramona_Russo,

Like @David_Skinner said. It’s not possible… but:

1. If you dig into the thread you’ll find there are a few work arounds with @openside and Zapier.

2. It might be that you just want to combine both your bases. If the information on both bases is shared with the same people it makes sense for them to be in the same place.

Thank you @David_Skinnerand thank you @bdelanghe. I appreciate your help

Is there any reason to not have them together?

Well, if there is no other option, I thought about that too…however I’m not an expert in formulas…

international_l
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Ramona_Russo
@bdelanghe

if you are looking only for getting the data from the other base, it might be a solution if you you the ( * SYNC DATA FROM: airtable base)
in this way you have to make a new table in the base that you want the data to be in it.
the you use the link to record option.
note that in this way there will not be mirroring option, but still the data will be always synchronized.

i hope this will help

thanks
OMAR