Help

Interface Record button: Copy link AND launch Form linked to another table?

76 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PedroCerrano
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a set of Businesses on Table A and a Form that will create a new User for Table B. I want a User to search through the Businesses using an Interface, click on a button from a specific Business record, and then be able to fill out a form that will create a new User record on Table B that is linked to a Business on Table A. (Does that makes sense?)

Is there a way to do this in one step? I see where I can "Go to external URL" to launch the New User form, but is there a way to simultaneously copy the Business record information as I launch the new User form? Is there a better way to think about this?

Automations make the most sense because I can only select one button Action, but is there a way to launch a Form via Automations?

2 Replies 2

This might be a bit of a convaluted solution:

Try a "Prefilled" form. This works with messing with the URL address of the form. There are also extensions to help with this. Here's an article to show you how to do this:

https://support.airtable.com/docs/prefilling-a-form-via-encoded-url

In your Business Table, have a formula field that creates this "Prefilled" form. Prefill them form to link the business. Or however you want it configured.

Now on the interface, have the "Go to a URL in record" button instead of an external URL button. Select the recently made formula that takes the user to the prefilled record.

Let me know if this works 🙂

PedroCerrano

Clever! I'll definitely give this a try.

Headed out on vacay, so it might be a week. But I'll definitely get back to you!