cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erik_Staley
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I’m trying to wrap the text in linked fields but I can’t figure out how to do so.

In the example below, the Name and the Doc Gap Descriptions fields are linked. In the original field, where the field type is Long Text, the text wraps and is fully visible.

In the linked field, the text is cut off rather than wrapped.

wrapping issue

How do I display wrapped text here?

I tried seeing if wrapping would happen in a printout using the print option of “Wrap long text onto additional lines as needed,” but that doesn’t wrap the linked text either.

Thanks,
Erik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Erik_Staley,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Basically, you cannot wrap the linked field text because the data itself is not in this field, this is more of a reference to the other Record than actual data.

The only place where you can wrap the text in this field is if you use it in a Page Designer block.

If this helps you, please mark as Solution so others can see it.

BR,
Mo

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Erik_Staley,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Basically, you cannot wrap the linked field text because the data itself is not in this field, this is more of a reference to the other Record than actual data.

The only place where you can wrap the text in this field is if you use it in a Page Designer block.

If this helps you, please mark as Solution so others can see it.

BR,
Mo

Thanks, Mohamed. I appreciate the welcome and your advice. I was trying to avoid having to use that block, as it’s not part of the free Airtable service. Looks like I’ll be subscribing now :slightly_smiling_face:

One possible alternative is to add a lookup field to pull in that primary field text. The text in the lookup will be wrapped.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 4.40.06 PM

This is a good solution, but it is not the solution for every situation. I am still begging for text wrap. 

This is also a good solution, but it is not ideal for headers. Still waiting for text wrap.