Help

Re: I want to move a table to a different base, is it possible to keep the link information?

Solved
Jump to Solution
967 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_Jurado
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table in a base, but I want to move this table to a different base.  However, I am using it as a linked table in other tables' fields.   Is it possible to move this table to another base and keep the linked record information on the other tables?  Or it will break the links?

Thanks in advance.

RJ
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Primary/Foreign keys relation exists 'under cover' and rely on record IDs.
If you want to preserve relations with high accuracy, you can add formula RECORD_ID() in your table and reflect it in foreign tables via lookup.
By way, if you paste a list of record IDs into link field, and these IDs exist in linked table, Airtable will turn it to real links.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hi,
You can copy instead of move. But if you need to delete a table from source base and save lookup info, edit lookup fields and turn them into static form (text, number, etc...)

So if I really want to move this table out of the base, I will lose the foreign link to this table.   

RJ

Primary/Foreign keys relation exists 'under cover' and rely on record IDs.
If you want to preserve relations with high accuracy, you can add formula RECORD_ID() in your table and reflect it in foreign tables via lookup.
By way, if you paste a list of record IDs into link field, and these IDs exist in linked table, Airtable will turn it to real links.