cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikemckenziePBS
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I’m using Airtable for our fundraising Auction database to store items to then upload to our Auction website. We have our items in Airtable and then different image fields for the donation. We have 10 image fields. Each field has its own image. Those images are named by the product ID we assign them.

Anyway, the issue I’m wondering about is when I download the CSV of items to then upload to our Auction website, some of the image fields have the image file name which is great, and then a lot of them have the image file name AND then a link to the image in parentheses as well. I’d like it to just have the name of the file without the parentheses and the link, nothing else. Is that possible?

Here is an example of an item with two images:

Argus BarGrille

Argus BarGrille $30 Gift Certificate

checked

3336a.jpg (https://v5.airtableusercontent.com/v1/17/17/1685080800000/e3lVoj8FvtRxx8BWOwj2BA/ilaexjilCZ2adMCU99U...)

3336b.jpg (https://v5.airtableusercontent.com/v1/17/17/1685080800000/ZPzKWV1Tho3li8nCfStJSA/95weCyTc-BFKeldVLP8...)

I’d love for the download to just look like this without the (link), if possible:

Argus BarGrille

Argus BarGrille $30 Gift Certificate

checked

3336a.jpg

3336b.jpg

Is there a way to make this happen? Thank you!

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hmm, you could try creating a formula field per image field, and giving it a formula like so:

LEFT(
  {Image Field 1},
  FIND(
    "(",
    {Image Field 1}
  ) - 1
)

Which results in:

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 6.25.25 PM.png

And when you export it as a CSV it'll do what you want I believe

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hmm, you could try creating a formula field per image field, and giving it a formula like so:

LEFT(
  {Image Field 1},
  FIND(
    "(",
    {Image Field 1}
  ) - 1
)

Which results in:

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 6.25.25 PM.png

And when you export it as a CSV it'll do what you want I believe

Link to base

mikemckenziePBS