Help

Is there a 'Get Info' equivalent for Bases on the Home screen? (to find most current version)

Topic Labels: Admin Base design
419 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_MacPhee1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not too bright of me, I know, but I have a number of bases with similar names and versions of the same general content.  I'm trying to figure out how I can determine which one is the most 'up-to-date' without cross-comparing each and every line of all of them.  The Home screen doesn't tell me when a base was last edited, or originally created, it only tells me when a base was last opened--which is utterly not helpful when you're clicking around through old bases trying to find the right one (so they all report being opened within the last hour).

Is there some other interface or button I am missing, or a secret 'info menu' to be found somewhere in my account that would give me more detailed stats about the creation and edit history of a particular base?  I'm thinking something like the 'Get Info' option that right clicking a folder gives you on a Mac.

Also not too bright of me, I didn't realize I needed to proactively click to save snapshots--so it seems that I can't dig into the revision history of the individual bases either, or perhaps there is no history because I haven't modified any of them in probably close to a year.

Thanks for any tips and advice.

1 Reply 1
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! While there isn't a native feature built into Airtable to see the last modified date of a base, this is a fantastic idea! This sort of indicator would be a great addition to the product. I encourage you to post this idea in the Product Ideas section as I am sure others might be looking for similar functionality.

In the meantime, I'd recommend consolidating these bases. If that isn't an option, then starring or pinning the bases you need would be helpful in locating them in the future. 

Base snapshots are taken periodically by Airtable to capture previous versions of your base for potential restoration. You're exactly right about the lack of the snapshot - the cadence at which snapshots are taken is determined by activity in the base. Very busy bases with lots of collaborators will have snapshots taken nearly every day; bases only seeing sporadic usage may get fewer than one snapshot a month.