cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zac
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,
Did anybody hear about this before / try it?

Airtable Integrations

Integromat gives you the ability to integrate Airtable with many other services.

27 Replies 27
Gco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

And the connection is very easy:

image.png

I recently built an interface between Airtable and the USPS Address Validation API using Integromat. The parts that were straightforward went swimmingly, and I’m a huge fan of their UI. The parts that weren’t straightforward remain impenetrable. There are fields and variables that go undefined throughout the documentation, and I’m sure there are far more elegant methods of doing what I did — but I couldn’t find decent example code or tutorials to help me muddle through.

Admittedly, comparing Integromat to Zapier in terms of documentary support isn’t really fair — for that matter, comparing virtually anyone to Zapier isn’t all that fair, as Zapier has one of the best technical/technical marketing writing teams ever assembled. That said, Integromat’s recent decision to shutter their support forums and direct their users to the company’s Facebook page instead can only be viewed as an unforced own goal.

Krisjanis_Dzalb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Trying to set up Integromat integration for new row in excel table to new record in Airtable. The fetching of records from excel works but I get an error “Value “null” is not a valid record ID.” on Airtable side and can’t understand what I’m doing wrong.
Help?
Tveršana.JPG

Hi @Krisjanis_Dzalbe1

Do you have some screenshots of the whole scenario? Also, the individual modules that you are using?

It might help.

Thank you,
Mary K

Tried to run just the airtable module only and the problem occurs with the field which is a link to a record in another table.
Tversana.JPG

Hi @Krisjanis_Dzalbe1

Without being able to see the fields, in the first two modules, it’s a little bit hard to see what field is creating the error.

Hopefully, these two replies will help, together with some screenshots.

Take a look at this post, reply #2:

Also, try this link, post# 21:

These are screenshots of how your scenario might look like, without the Google Sheet module:

!image (upload://f7SBdP1mgJuOtAhHcMMSgzmIe6c.png) image image image image image

Thanks! I tried it out and it works as long as I leave the linked field empty.
So to localize the question how do I correctly map the linked record field?
airtable integromat.JPG

Hi @Krisjanis_Dzalbe1

I am glad it works for you.

To fill in that field, try selecting the very small box on top of the field. Once you do that, you should be able to fill in the field.

Mary K

Like this:

EC2313E6-09E9-4879-9004-A3D883CE99A3.jpeg

Thanks. I did switch the “map” toggle and choose the necessary value from the excel file before and got the error “Value is not a valid record ID”. Even though the value matches a record ID in the linked table.
at im.JPG at integromat.JPG

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Krisjanis_Dzalbe1

What does the value look like? It comes from Excel, correct.

How about the formula? Is it written correctly? Although, it might not be that, unless it’s the unique key.

Did you check to make sure that the value is written correctly, in Excel and Airtable?

You should make sure that the field name from both Excel and Airtable match correctly.

If it has to do with a field value it could be the smallest thing, either a misspelling or an extra space, especially at the end.

I am just trying to think of different things to check.

If you could take screenshots of the value in Excel and in Airtable, that might help. Otherwise I am just kind of guessing.

Did you create a new TIME CREATED field in Airtable? Apparently, Airtable requires this field to process the data.

Did you mention that you had linked tables, (two tables together?). If so, are they linked correctly?

I hope these suggestions might help.

I have had situations that I would spend time clecking everything, sometimes a bunch of times.

Mary Kay