Help

Is there a way to hide or remove fields from my personal view when expanding a record?

Topic Labels: Views
962 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MetroBOS
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I tagged this as kanban view, but what I’m referring to is a fully expanded record accessed via kanban view. For example, when I expand a record, I see a list of 40-50 fields and I only need to see 20 of them. Having to scroll through a bunch of fields that are not relevant to me is a great inconvenience and makes it more difficult to locate the fields I actually need to see.

I’d like to be able to hide or remove fields that I do not need to see, but without impacting or affecting anything else in the system or any other users who share the same system.

I am not an admin user so I don’t have any special permissions. I’m hoping this is something that I can do within my personal view.

1 Reply 1
Abigail_Swallow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can change the Kanban view to a “Personal View” which means only you can see it / edit it. If you need to leave the original Kanban for others to see you can just duplicate the Kanban view and change that one to being a personal view. After making it a personal view you can hide the records you don’t want to see and they will be hidden in the expanded view.

You can find detailed instructions on how to create Personal Views here:
Personal views – Airtable Support.