cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Philip_Woo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

As I am pretty new to Airtable and have an understanding of the usual primary / secondary keys concept but having a bit of issues with understanding the way Airtable organizes the linked data.

I have contacted Airtable support for help about 5 days ago but have yet to hear from them.

In the meantime, I thought I’d try my luck here hoping someone can point to me where I may have gone wrong. Best to do an illustration as follows:

I have a transaction type table A with activities and including fields like city and timezone. The latter should be derived from a Timezone Master table B for every city in the world.

Screenshot 2022-04-03 at 9.45.01 AM

I have tried various combinations ,for example creating a linked record on city and tried to create a lookup on both city and timezone down to various iterations and instead getting more fields created and never being able to get the desired result.

Appreciate if anyone would be kind enough to summarize the steps.

Thanks in advance. Much Appreciated.

Cheers

1 Reply 1

Hi @Philip_Woo and welcome to the community!

It isn’t clear to me where exactly you are struggling. Creating a linked record field for your cities and looking up the assigned timezone shouldn’t be a challenge.

What am I missing?