168 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Bingman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

**3/18 UPDATE: AT support was unable to find any evidence of why this happened; we were also unable to recreate the events and have it happen again. The ticket with them remains open; best guess is that it happened during the same time as a service outage (there was one that affected rich text fields around the same time.)

We have a table in a base set up as a simple ticketing system, nothing fancy.
Users update a long text field with any actions/updates to the ticket in question.
All users who have access to the base access the same way (grid view), though they each have their own view set up.

We utilize the '@mention' feature to notify the responsible party after certain actions, and when they become responsible.
We've noticed that any time someone enters new information in the long text field and '@'s' someone, the record removes all previous '@'s'.
I've watched this happen in real time, and am confident that the system (Airtable) is making these changes, and not the human user, even though in the activity thread it shows as a user.

No other automations or outside services have access to this base/table.
Screenshot attached with an example from today.

Curious if anyone else has noticed something similar, or has any thoughts on why this might be happening?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Bingman

See post update - using this comment to close even though there was no resolution.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Hmm, yeah, for me the @ actually disappears after I hit enter, weird!  Seems fairly inconsistent too.  I wish there was an actual bug reporting system that didn't involve messaging support sigh

Screen Recording 2024-03-08 at 8.37.34 AM.gif

Jeff_Bingman

See post update - using this comment to close even though there was no resolution.