462 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin_Retzler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I've used Airtable for several years and have a workspace with approximately 80 bases.  Prior to one of the "upgrades", I had organized my bases in a way that was easy for me to find which base I was looking for and that made sense to me.  Now that the workspaces are sorted by opened by you, alpha, or last modified, it is very time consuming to find the particular base that I am looking for.  The "upgrade" may have been great for many people, but it was horrible for me.

I have looked and can't seem to find a way to manually sort my bases so that they stick.  I suspect that this is no longer an option for me.

Does anyone have an answer?

I tried to contact support, but it has been several weeks and the only communication that I received from them was asking if I had received an answer yet.  Of course, I had not, because no one had answered. 

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RonniEloff_VKDe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi hi I recently found I can go back to the Old Home screen by doing the following

Select your Avatar in the upper right corner

Select the option Switch back to old home screen

That takes you back to the old style and there is the ability to -do all the stuff that most of us really were using, like sorting, and organizing bases by color, and content.

Note: if you touch the left side menu, it automatically switches back to the new look. So you have to keep resetting through the Avatar menu.

Hope that helps

airtable.png

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
RonniEloff_VKDe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi hi I recently found I can go back to the Old Home screen by doing the following

Select your Avatar in the upper right corner

Select the option Switch back to old home screen

That takes you back to the old style and there is the ability to -do all the stuff that most of us really were using, like sorting, and organizing bases by color, and content.

Note: if you touch the left side menu, it automatically switches back to the new look. So you have to keep resetting through the Avatar menu.

Hope that helps

airtable.png

Thank you so much!   I appreciate your answer!

Yes, I do organize my bases by color, content, etc.  Alpha and most recently used sorting is not something that I think would ever be helpful to me.

Do you know if there is an organized push for those of us who use the old style to make ourselves known to Airtable? It would seem if there were enough of us who could make a case for the old style that they would surely take that into consideration and make it an option.  

IMO the old style was a cleaner interface and much easier to find what I am looking for quickly.