cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sourav_kumar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Everyone,

I have created a medicine reminder system, with columns “medicine”, “dosage” & “time”. i have created a filter by which it only shows entry for today’s dosage. Thus i want to send an email to patients reminding them about today’s dosage by using Zapier or Integromat.

I tried Integromat which has two trigger points,1. Created Time & 2. Last Modified Time, but in my base, i have made the schedule for the whole week & i am not making any new entry or changes in the base.

In zapier trigger points are 1. new record & 2. The new record in a view, same issue as in integromat as I am not creating any new entries.
Is there a way to automate this recurring data?( so that every day an email can be sent to a patient reminding him dosage of that day). Please help

15 Replies 15

Hi @sourav_kumar

Okay. I can also figure out how to send to multiple recipients.

In the meantime, if you are still interested, I can provide you with instructions on how to set up the scenario, step by step. I can do that in the next day or so.

Just let me know.

Mary

@M_k

Sure, i would love to know the steps to this problem. You can share the same whenever you are ready.
Thank you so much!

Hi @sourav_kumar

I finished the scenario. I will attach screenshots below and hopefully it will be self explanatory. You will have to create a filter for each day of the week in Artable and depending on the day of the week you will select that day in your scenario. If you want to set up a schedule, to automatically sent out an email, let me know and I can help with that.

Screenshot #’s 1-4 are for module 1 and connection setup for the first two modules and how to trigger the scenario.
Screenshot #5 is module 2.
Screenshot #6 and #7 is module 3.

Mary

5E07AC8D-7DC1-4A2A-BFDA-C69888EFA67A.png 8474D86F-94E4-4642-A33D-96D9C4BEF3F5.jpeg 7B98B1FB-6D88-4053-A0BD-919D46EA95C7.jpeg
image|375x500 261A4245-82E6-4751-90CD-1F2ADCA76065.jpeg 660B000D-CEB3-4702-933F-AFE3D44E6185.jpeg D3802B76-5298-4D9D-BB54-278ED8D189FF.jpeg 55341C45-B1F0-4119-8B04-6B69C592948F.png !

Pardon my interruption, but I’d like to propose a much simpler alternative. Integromat scenarios don’t have to only be triggered by a CREATED TIME or LAST MODIFIED TIME field. You can also run a scenario on a specific schedule, like once a day, once every hour, etc. In this case, it looks like you’ve already got the critical piece in place to make a daily email happen: you have a formula that uniquely identifies the specific record that contains the necessary medicine info for “today” (whatever day it is). You don’t need the created/modified fields at all, just a two-module scenario in Integromat, and the proper scheduling setup.

In Integromat, you start the scenario with an Airtable “Search Records” module:

59%20PM

This is a slightly truncated view of the module setup, but the pieces showing are all you need: your base, table, and the formula:

Note="Have today"

That will return the single record marked by the {Note} formula in Airtable. From there, you add the Email module as the second step, setting it up as you desire to pull whatever other field data you want to construct the email.

To get this to run daily, click the clock symbol on the Airtable module and set it up as follows:

56%20PM

Obviously set the Time field to a time that makes sense for you, but that’s it. You’re done! With this running every day, it will pick up the marked record from Airtable and send the details via email.

Hi @M_k

Thank you so much for sharing. Much appreciated.

Hi @Justin_Barrett
I tried your solution as well & it’s working.
Thanks for your solution.