Help

Re: New pricing takes away multi-source syncing???

2187 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So, according to the FAQ about the new pricing, multi-source syncing is no longer included in the Pro Plan (now "Teams").... am I reading that correctly?  Does that screw over anyone else or am I alone in being frustrated about this?

19 Replies 19

I predict this thread will peak at 200+ negative sentiments within a week.

Speaking of negative sentiments, our collective ire is spread among a few posts. It would be great if someone would create a definitive post that lays out how damaging this move is for current customers in both its specifics and the way it is being rolled out (HERE WE GO AGAIN, Airtable)... so we could concentrate our response. It is easier to keep the post at the top of the queue that way and increases the likelihood of being heard. Although I am doubtful of Airtable's capacity to respond, something like the reaction to the idiotic roll out of the Interfaces UI changes might make an impact.

Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I messaged support about this, and got back a clearly copied-and-pasted message that’s basically “yeah you have to upgrade!  Sucks to suck!” 

EVERYONE in this thread needs to message support and DO NOT LET THEM CLOSE THE TICKET until this is addressed.  We need to do something to get their attention because they clearly don’t give a **bleep** what **bleep** we talk in the forum.

Chris_Luc
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed. Removing the multi-source syncing from Pro is a real problem for us. Definitely shakes confidence in what Airtable could potentially choose to remove from paid plans in future. 

Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Heard back from Airtable again today.  More of the "we made these changes based on feedback" (odd... I don't recall being asked 🤔).  They also provided a (not very good) "workaround solution that fall within the capabilities of your current plan" –– I think they misspoke, though, clearly they don't mean my current plan.  I have no problem with the current plan!  It's the plant they're sticking us on that's the issue.  

Alright, Airtable Community.  Like many of you, I have not only used Airtable for 5+ years, ive evangelized for it.  We've gotten several of our clients on the platform, and even other business owners who have liked how organized we are — I can think of five teams on Airtable now because we pushed them to use it.  Like you all, I love this platform because it is genuinely the best option, but now I feel like they're pulling the rug out from under us.  This is just an unbelievably shtty way to treat loyal customers, and they need to do better.  Something, anything to help us out.  

Here are some ideas for how Airtable could handle this better:

• Let pro users keep the pro plan through the end of their annual billing cycle, or better yet, give a full 1-year window to adjust
  • Give Pro users who use features they are deleting a free upgrade to Business the same way they gave plus users a free upgrade to Pro
  • Give Pro users the same discount that formerly Plus users get because of the reduced value
  • Give Pro users some discount – even a little one – on an upgrade to Business as a gesture of good faith that they don't actively fking hate us

JerryBarnes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The short notice is very concerning.  Changes to APIs get some notice (not guaranteed admittedly) so removing multi source sync with practically no notice goes against the spirit of that.

Does anybody know how many sources can be used in the business plan, it was 3 in pro.

ReduceMyIns
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We were in the middle of developing a platform to resell to our clients.   Been in dev for over 2 years....now the rug pull.   The least they could do is offer the existing users to keep their plan.    I will not only be moving away from airtable but several hundred of our clients as well.    I think this may actually put them out of business....as it renders the platform useless unless you can swing the money grab for the enterprise edition at $12000 a year minimum!   Atten anyone thinking of US BG airtable for your database needs.   RUN AWAY NOW!  They are a dishonest company who does not. Are about integrity, or keeping their word.   It seems they do not realize how much time and effort developers have put into learning their API, and building on their platform.   Whatever they offer you now, they will take away 50% of it later, and allow you to buy 25% back for double the price.    This will render our DB useless.   They provided little warning, and nowhere near enough time to move everything away from them.    My advice, never ever purchase anything from them.   If you outgrow the free version, find another solution.  Airtable can not be trusted to keep their word, and will not respond to any of your support inquiries.

How many users would be interested in forming a class action against them?   I'm sure we can find some advertising laws they violated here.   This company should be brought their knees for this.   My advice is to move to Glide Big tables.   They have a killer low-code app dev platform and the ability to store the data themselves.    They were a big parther of airtables, but when this announcement came out the offered their existing users a free upgrade to solve it.    Take some notes airtable.  You Can Check out Glide Here 

https://glide.grsm.io/oj4ksvz1yfw1

Thanks for the advice. I've made a Glide learning course long ago, when you had to keep your data in Google spreadsheets. Looks like they evolved a lot, I'll really consider taking some time to migrate all our Airtable bases to it.
Even if I managed to adapt most of our bases for the downgraded plan now, I'll never be sure Airtable is not going take away another key feature tomorrow.... I just can't rely on them anymore.

Tiago_Relva
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable’s trying to get rid of small businesses, by cutting the Free and Plus plans. Shame on you! I’m open to any alternatives.

SimKewe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I've recently moved over from Monday.com as I thought Airtable was a great solution for my business. Unbeknowns to me was the omission of this obvious feature. As a start-up, I cannot believe that they are not offering this feature. Clearly a move to push everyone to their Enterprise plan. Their other enterprise features are intuitive to me. Surely, you move people to the Enterprise by offering them great features, enabling their business to scale to a sufficient size where it’s a seamless upgrade and a win-win for all parties. This doesn't preclude Airtable from specifically targeting Enterprises (who also naturally get all the benefits as currently offered). Dangerous move disenfranchising a core segment of your market. The cynical side of me suggests this may a be a push from the equity stakeholders or their CFO who sees the world through numbers. I'm intentionally on the month-month plan as I will find another solution if Airtable doesn't come to its senses.