Help

Re: New to Airtable, can it help me with my business?

640 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom3
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I run a small business that produces a variety of hemp-based products in south India. We buy the seeds from the Himalayas and press hemp seed oil which also gives us the flour. With these two raw materials we currently produce up to 14 food and body-care products.
These products are distributed locally and throughout India, retail and wholesale, brick and mortar stores and e-commere.

I need a system that can help us keep track of all the orders, sales, stores, customers, stock, packaging, etc…
For example a delivery is made to a local shop of 3 x oil, 5 x pasta, 8 x soap. I’d like that information to be recorded including the date. An automatic tally would give us the total sales of each outlet for each month.
The 3 x oil, 5 x pasta, 8 x soap would also automatically be deducted from our stock total and potentially the packaging stock.

So far we haven’t used any system at all, and it’s becoming unmanageable!
I’ve understood that once all the data has been put in, Airtable is able to produce analytics, sales reports, which would also be very helpful.
Can someone please suggest a suitable template I could maybe use that would work for my business?

Many thanks,
Tom

3 Replies 3

Hey Tom,

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Yes, Airtable can definitely do all of that! It might be helpful to add the Airtable Inventory template to your workspace to get a basic understanding of how it works.

Your Airtable base will need a variety of formulas and various tables to do what you need it to do.

If you have a budget for setup, there are several awesome Airtable consultants who can understand your needs and create a system for you.

4 - Data Explorer

Thank you very much! Very helpful.

You’re welcome! Good luck