4166 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Muyrong
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! I’m new with integromat coming from Zapier. I have one scenario (zap in Zapier) with the following workflow:

Webhook > Find Airtable record >Find/create a Gdrive folder > Create a google doc from template > Update record in airtable > Upload file in gdrive using export link from google docs

I’m trying to replicate the same workflow in integromat and I was able to accomplish until updating record in airtable but when it comes to uploading a file using an export link from google docs it churns out a file.html document and not a pdf file.

Below are screenshots of my workflow in integromat. Looking for any guidance on how I can make this work?

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 7.06.50 PM
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 7.06.29 PM
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 7.05.00 PM

6 Replies 6
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Ian. I am not very experienced with Airtable/Integromat but I was doing something like this recently. I haven’t bothered to go look at my scenario before writing this, but I remember needing to write the created document to Drive in order to be able to give a link to Airtable (Update a record). That’s the best I’ve got. Good luck.

Michaela_Staff1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @Ian_Muyrong, Michaela from Integromat here :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

Awesome use case. Merging data to documents is my personal favourite, hahah.

The steps here are something along these lines:

• prepare a template doc in Google Docs with {{…}} placeholders
  • get the data you need from Airtable
  • use the data to create a new doc from the template :arrow_up:
  • update the Airtable record
  • download the doc as a PDF
  • save the PDF to Google Drive

There is a pre-made template for something similar. It grabs data from monday, creates a PDF, and saves it to Google Drive. Shadowing the template could help :slightly_smiling_face:

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 12.45.22

Thanks for this Michaela. I tried doing the scenario based on your workflow but it returns an error. See attached

Btw - you mentioned you are from integromat right. Would you be knowledgeable as well in docusign modules? trying to integrate this in our workflow but to no avail :frowning:

Hey @Ian_Muyrong :slightly_smiling_face:

The error states that there’s an issue with the “File Name” you’re mapping into the field. I’d suggest checking whether you’re putting in the file you actually wanna work with :slightly_smiling_face:

It would be super helpful to see more screenshots of your scenario so that we can look into what’s wrong with more context. Whenever you find yourself stuck, you can also always open a ticket with our support team.

Just a total side note on errors and Integromat. Once you get your scenarios working, you can install this Chrome extension that will send you a push notification should there be any errors.

Thanks for this! Will be sending over screenshots once I’m done with my tasks (doing this on the side). As for the chrome extension, I’m kinda iffy since chrome doesn’t really work well with my Mac (I’m using Safari) haha. But I’ll take note of this