851 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sali_Dimond
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am trying to print a single record.  Page designer is not being used - I am simply printing the record.  Problem is I am getting inconsistent results:

• One time most of the content from the record is printed
  • Another time almost no content form the record is printed
  • Another time nothing is printing

The problem is within Airtable platform.  It is the same if I print to PDF or to the printer.

I have tried in both Edge and Chrome.  I have not had this problem in the past.

I am on a PC / Windows 10 pro.

Appreciate any guidance here.

Sali

5 Replies 5
Sali_Dimond
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

To add - it appears that the print dialog maxes out which is why I cannot see all of the data for the record I am trying to print.  I moved a field around and it always show content that will fit a just over 6 pages.  

One more addendum ...

It is verified that there is a limit to the number of pages that are allowed in the print dialog.  

The limit is 7 pages - although that 7th page is not even complete content, so really it is 6.2 pages.

See attached screen capture.

Carol_Poole
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am having the same problem.  It's been a real time-suck to mess with the longer records to get them to finally print okay to PDF (or to decide with some that it's okay if the very end is cut off!).  Have you contacted support with this information about the page limit?  I submitted a lengthy support request many months ago, but I can't find anywhere that shows that it was worked on to try to fix the problem.

@Carol_Poole  I did reach out to Airtable support on this print record issue prior to my posting here, and yours is the first reply I have had on this topic sadly. 

Apologies - I actually did get a reply from Support.  On May 2nd I recieved this email:

"Thank you for your email today. This is Mario from the support team! 

I'm flagging this issue for our engineering team to review. Unfortunately, because of the number of factors involved with printing, it's unlikely that we'll be able to directly and immediately address this issue. In the meantime, I can only recommend trying printing from different browsers on different computers. Sorry for not having a better option here!

Take care,
Mario
Airtable support"