cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura_Mantzoros
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I’m using AirTable to build out an editorial calendar/management system. We’ve separated each channel (social, blogs, etc.) out into their own tabs, but I’d like to build out a “Master Calendar” tab to show when all content types are slated to go live.

Is there a formula that will allow me to do this?

11 Replies 11

Apologies, I’m replying from email.

When you mentioned a master view with all channels, were you referring to a separate sheet or a specific filter within the same sheet? Want to make sure I’m understanding your earlier response. Thanks!

Because Airtable is a database, they’re tables, not sheets. Each table can have multiple views, and there are several different types of views. A view is simply a specific way of viewing the records in the table, and can contain filters, grouping, and sorting options that are unique to that view, without affecting other views. More on views here:

When speaking of creating a master calendar showing all channels, I was referring to making a calendar view on your primary table, and just not applying any filters. If you want a calendar view that only shows blog posts, you would make a calendar view and add a filter where the {Channel} field contains “Blog” (or whatever wording you use).

Note: for the next 48 hours I’ll be largely unable to respond as we drive across the country to our new home. I’ll reply as soon as I can after that.