cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Etheringt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,

I have a table that contains project records for all my projects planned for the year. Each project contains multiple tasks that have a start and end date. Is it possible to represent and distinguish all of these on a Gantt View without separating each task into its own record? In an ideal world, I’d color sections of the Gantt bar to denote what Task stage it’s in.

Cheers,

Peter

2 Replies 2

Hello @Peter_Etherington!

I’d love to dig a little more into how your data is currently represented:

How are your tasks currently linked to projects? Do projects have their own start and end dates separately from tasks? If your tasks are linked to projects you could create a Gantt view that would group by project.

If you tasks use a single select field to denote status, you use the Gantt view’s Color ability to differentiate your task statuses by choosing colors for each single select option.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Hey Rose!

So, each record represents a project. Then each task has two fields, a start date and a deadline date. There are 5 tasks, so 10 fields total, but when you create a Gantt view it just shows the earliest and latest date of the entire project.

Do you know if there’s a way of representing the indiviual date ranges within the large record strip on the Gantt table? I create a version in excel where I just colored in week blocks, but if Airtable could do it it would make my life a world easier.