635 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amber_Delamater
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a design request form that staff has to fill out with their budget code for their project and its a required field and people have been able to submit the form without that not being filled in. I have it set as a text field right now because the formatting needs to use numbers and hyphens. Is that why people are able to get passed it? Are they able to just put a space?

How can I make sure that cell is always filled in like this: 000000-000000-0000-00? The person filling out the form has to fill out that one question like that or they can’t submit it. Is that possible?

3 Replies 3

There’s currently no field validation in Airtable anywhere. Given that there’s no proper answer to your problem, here are a few “solutions” I can think of:

1. Add a checkbox at the end of the form that says “By checking the box I acknowledge that a form submitted without a budget code will result in a stapler being thrown in my general direction.”
  2. Since the budget code has a fixed format of four number sequences joined by hyphens, break the form entry into four separate boxes and join them yourself using a formula (e.g. {Part 1}&"-"&{Part 2}&"-"&{Part 3}&"-"&{Part 4}). However, considering your users are already having problems with a single field, this would seem like a recipe for disaster.
  3. Use Google Forms or another service and then paste the results into Airtable.

I really enjoy number 1 the best and really wish I could use that! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I know that airtable has an integration with google drive, is there a way to make a response from google forms go directly to airtable?

You can do it through Zapier; I believe there’s a pre-built “Zap” that will create/update an Airtable entry from Google Forms (it might be listed under Google Sheets, since that’s where the submitted data gets stored).