This is interesting for sure! So, from what I gather, you are looking for a few things. I will try to summarize and let me know if I’m missing something.
- First, you want a calendar that will show all employee’s work times, categorized by shift/schedule.
- Second, you want any employee to have the ability to bring their own schedule into their preferred app.
- Third, you want to use the whole employee schedule to calculate payouts (possibly an external calculation).
Couple of questions:
- Who, or how many people will need to edit the schedule?
- Do you need the schedule to show each and every day, meaning does each day need to be its own instance to account for variability like vacation/sick/holiday?
I think there would also be more questions, especially as the ones above are answered. The 2 questions above would dictate the approach I would use though. Its either creating a general calendar that would be relatively easy to manage and just shows shift times and associated employees or a more detailed approach, that would show each day an employee is working, however, it would be more complex to set up.
After that, Airtable can be synced to a lot of external calendars so it would just depend on what the employee is using.
As for the payouts, this should be pretty straight forward. Once you have the calendar set up, then set the attributes for the calculation. I’ve done something similar to predict reliability for parts in Airtable.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.