457 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoffrey_Badner
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello. I have 2 separate forms that write data to the same table. I would the data to be “tagged” in the table with a category based on which form it was submitted through.

I know I could have the user self-select from a single select dropdown, but the labeling is irrelevant to them. It’s for internal clarification only.

Is there a way to do this programmatically with a formula or something?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Btbml
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I don’t know how your tables are setup, but if your forms are just text fields you could have it setup so both forms write to different fields, then use formulas to summarize and simplify the data down to individual columns? If you do it this way, you should be able to use a formula to highlight which form submitted the data

That would work, but you would end up with three sets of fields: one for the first form, one for the second form, and the formula fields to aggregate both versions. If you’ve got 10 questions, you end up with 30 fields, which (to me) would just feel a tad messy.

Another option I’ve seen suggested before is to add something like a checkbox field that’s required for each form. The text for the user could be anything, even something like, “I acknowledge that all of the information entered is true to the best of my knowledge.” It really doesn’t matter what it says as long as the checkbox is required. You’d make one of those for each form, which would immediately tell you which form was filled out.