2069 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
real_ate
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m not sure exactly what group to put this in but I am trying to build out a form that allows you to “pick a speaker” from a list to effectively vote for them.

I was wondering if there was any way to show more information when trying to pick a record in a form, ideally the cover photo would be best but anything would make it easier.

Here is the “speaker” in question (it’s me!):

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 16.09.46.png

7 Replies 7
real_ate

(sorry had to do this as a new post because new users can only post one image at a time)

And here is what it looks like when you try to pick them in a form:

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 16.10.17.png

any extra information displayed here would be better

So one option would be to create a gallery view (like you have) that you share (hiding any fields you don’t want visible to people using the form).

Have that gallery view be the starting place for people that you want to have use the form - they can browse the options there.

Create a field that shows at the bottom of each gallery record called “Vote for this person” or somesuch. Have that field be a formula field that concatenates the voting form share url with properly formatted “pre-fill” parameters for the person in the person field.

The flow here for users is - browse gallery; when choice is made, click on link in that person’s gallery card to vote for them; this opens the form and pre-fills the “Speaker” or “Person” Field (whatever you have it called) with the person they clicked the link from.

Here’s a reference for pre-filling form parameters in the URL:

Prefilling a form

When making an Airtable form, you can use prefill_ parameters in the URL of the form to prefill specific fields. Find the URL for the form you wish to prefill. Once you get the form URL, you can ...

I’d show you an example where I do the same kind of thing, but I’m on my phone.

real_ate

Oh thanks @Jeremy_Oglesby :tada:

This looks pretty interesting :thinking: I will try it out with the use case that I’m looking at. It’s an internal thing so it’s not so bad that they will have to click twice (click the link to the form and then click the save button)

Do you know if you could do something that would allow you to select multiple people and “vote for all selected” using your formula magic? or is this more in the realm of a MACRO or a script (no idea if Airtable supports this yet - I’m quite new here)

If the Link field accepts multiple linked entries, then the person filling the form can add additional options once they open the form. The one they click from will be pre-filled, but they can add more options once in the form. That may be about the best you are going to get with Airtable’s current incarnation of forms.

Michael_Taylor

Unfortunately, the gallery view idea won’t work for my use case.

We will have operators filling out a form to record what part they used in a process. We have multiple parts of the same part number, but different serial/lot numbers. I would like the form to show information on linked records like it does in the form view for the table. Here are a couple photos of my example:

What they see in the form:
Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 9.30.54 AM.png

And what would be ideal:
36%20AM

I need this same functionality. I want a customer to view a base of images in a form and flag the ones that are acceptable. I want to capture this data. So here is the scenario:

One base a catalog of images.

Another base is a list of customers.

I want a customer to view the catalog of images and flag which ones are acceptable.

I then have a base of customer likes.

I don’t see how to make this happen in a friendly way on a form. I need to display the image on the form.

At the current time, I would have to show a gallery view in the base of images and have a customer jot down which ones are acceptable. Then the customer would have to call up the form to enter each image number. That is really clumsy.

Suggestions?

Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have the same issue here: