4055 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Margolis
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

In Table 1, I have a list of names. In Table 2, I’d like a single select drop down list that comes from the list of names in Table. This way I can add more names to the column in Table 1 and have them show up as options on the list in Table 2. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I have played around with linked records and can’t figure it out.

Thanks,
Jim

4 Replies 4

Hi @Jim_Margolis - I think you want linked records here rather than a single select. You can set values in a single select by configuring them at the field level or copying and pasting them into a field cell on a record.

Linked records will show all the values in the linked table, so as you add records to the linked table these will show up as selectable options in the linked record. Linked records don’t give a drop down select, but open a modal select window.

Have a look at this article which explains it well:

JB

Hi JB,
Thank you, linked records is what I was looking for. Thanks for your help,

Jim

Thanks

Theo_Michel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@JonathanBowen What if someone actually wanted a single select populated from a linked record+lookup? Is there any way to do that?

Hi @Theo_Michel - you can create and add values to fields using the Custom Blocks API, but there isn’t a way, AFAIK, to create a single select field outside of this (without configuring it by hand or copying values into a single select field).