1584 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martin_kristens
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am not sure if the headtline is correct for this matter and sorry for the bad english.
I have a problem.
In the {spiller 1 point} column like to Ask if the colomn {Spil} is “Tættest Pinden” then I like to make formular 1 if it is B i like to make a nother formular. Is that not possible.
Looking forward to hear from someone out there soon.
Br. Martin

12 Replies 12

I corrected my version above with the right quotes, and it works fine for me:

11%20PM

What type of field is {Spill}? That may be the cause. If it’s returning an array and not a string, Airtable might not ever think that it’s a match for “Tættest Pinden”.

martin_kristens
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks a lot. The field “Spil” is a tekst field :slightly_smiling_face:
I need to make a score board with mini golf where the lowest numbers get most point. If it is not mini golf it is the highest number that gives most point. Do you know what I mean. That is why i need to know if it is minigolf firstly in the formula.
IF possible I also like to have a even score. Meaning if to point are the same .
Then 3 point for winning
2 point if even 0 point if loosing
You think that is posible???

Okay, I finally figured out the translation, with Google’s help: “Spil” = “Game” and “Spiller” = “Player”, so it’s making more sense now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Your comments make sense. Each player gets 3 points for winning, 2 for tying, and 0 for losing. And the calculations need to reverse if it’s mini-golf so that the lowest score wins, not the highest. I think it can be done, but I feel like the current formula is taking the wrong approach. I would likely use several formula fields to optimize the calculations of which score is the highest/lowest, how many players have that winning score, and how many points are assigned to each player depending on their win/tie/loss status. Unfortunately I won’t have time to really dig into this in more detail for a couple days, but I’m definitely eager to play with it. I’m also curious to see what solutions others come up with.