2278 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew_brentan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there, when I sync’d my Airtable to my Google Drive, it automatically sync’d with My Drive. Is there a way to sync it in a Shared Drive or to a specific folder within the Shared Drive? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

16 Replies 16
Jenny_King

I need an answer to this as well - did you end up finding out if this is possible?

I’m not totally sure what you mean by “syncing Airtable to Google Drive”, but the way that I’ve setup all of my clients with communication between Airtable and their files in Google Drive is by using Integromat, which has full Google Drive support (including monitoring specific folders only) and has full Airtable support.

Note that I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code. If you have a budget for your project and you need to hire a consultant to help you with your project, please feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.

Airtable has a built in integration with Google Drive, but we want it to sync shortcuts of our databases to a Shared Drive for a team rather than to our own My Drive. I’ll take note of Integromat as a backup, but prefer to use a built in integration tool if available whenever possible.

Oh, you just want simple links that open up your Airtable bases. Every Airtable base has its own unique URL (which you can further customize). I would just create your own document in Google Drive that lists all the Airtable URL’s in it.

No, Airtable has its own integration and everything is already syncing automatically to my Drive. I just want it to sync to my Shared Drive for the company instead but see nothing about it online and wondered if there was a way, or whether we needed to have every person click On for the integration (under Account, scroll to the bottom) manually to reflect shortcuts in their own My Drive for their current accesses. Not sure if I’m being clear, but thanks for the dialogue regardless! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, been a while since I dug into this but don’t believe anything has changed. Airtable cannot (yet) sync to a Shared Drive on Google Drive. It will only sync to My Drive and it sounds like you and I ran up against the exact same issue in this. Honestly surprised more people aren’t flagging this.

This is actually the first time I’ve ever heard of this feature, but I wouldn’t plan on Airtable ever improving or changing this. I’d love to know how this is different from just going into your Airtable workspace at airtable.com, and seeing the list of bases there? It sounds like you are just looking at a list of bases.

You may also want to check out On2Air: Backups, which has Google Drive integration built into it.

Eden
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, Airtable should support ‘Shared Drives’ for Google Drive and not Just ‘My Drive’

Kelsey_Freeman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any update on Airtable being able to sync with ‘Shared Drives’ yet?

Nothing that I’m aware of :confused:

Apiary_Falcon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There is a workaround - you can create a shortcut to link the base in your Drive into a Shared Drive. Not as seamless but helps!

Chloe_Holmes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, just checking if there has been any updates from Airtable in this? All of the assets that I’m trying to link are from my company’s “shared” drive, for which I am an admin. Wondering why I’m still not able to link those assets - it seems rather cumbersome to have to save the same graphic in both the company drive, and my own ‘individual’ drive within the company.

Shared drives are now supported — see this article:

No is not, if i want to upload an attachment to my task it doesn’t show shared drives on it. Pretty annoying. :frowning:

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 13.33.19

You are not posting in the right thread. This thread is about synced tables, which support shared Google Drives.

Uploading attachments directly from Airtable’s attachment uploader window does not support shared drives, but if you’d like that feature, I would recommend sending an email to support@airtable.com.