Help

Re: What format is Airtable Rich Text Formatting texts are in?

241 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fahad_Sheji
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to convert this text into an HTML format so I can send an API call to a particular software, but no matter what I do this text output always come out wrong on this software.

I am using a "markdown to HTML" formatter for this via Zapier and I believe this rich text might not be markdown hence causing this issue, could anyone give their input and how I can convert this text into a HTML format

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It is markdown, but I would strongly recommend against using Zapier.

Instead, I would use Make’s automations and integrations.

Not only does it sound like Zapier isn’t able to convert Airtable’s markdown properly, but also Make is INFINITELY more powerful & customizable than Zapier, and Make is SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER than Zapier.

I wrote an entire post here comparing Make vs. Zapier. 

In your situation, you can use Make’s Markdown to HTML module. There are many different ways of setting up your automation scenarios in Make, but check out the screenshot below to see one possible way of setting it up in Make. The screenshot below is converting a rich text field to HTML for the purposes of sending a Gmail email.

If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread. For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

IMG_0329.jpeg

Rich text fields are stored in Airtable’a flavor of Markdown. This is slightly different from other flavors of Markdown, so you might see slight differences in how things could never to html, like line spacing and checkboxes, depending on the conversion engine settings that you use. 

https://support.airtable.com/docs/using-markdown-in-airtable

Tell me about it.

I'm a big fan of MAKE.com but client insisted on Zapier so went with it

What do you think can be done to convert them to an HTML or a pure markdown? I was thinking of using some sort of code for it

henrypieterson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Fahad

If you're having trouble converting the text into HTML format using a Markdown to HTML formatter, it's possible that the text might not be in Markdown format. To ensure accurate conversion, you can manually format the text into HTML. Here's how you can convert your text into HTML format:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<title>Converted Text to HTML</title>
</head>
<body>
<p>Yes, it is indeed possible to move articles within the same Zendesk instance while keeping the article URLs unchanged. This means you can relocate the article base of a specific product line to its own help center without altering the URLs. While moving articles to a different Zendesk instance would typically result in changes to article IDs and URLs, moving within the same instance usually allows Zendesk to maintain the same URL structure for the articles, preserving links and ensuring continuity for users accessing the content. It's a common practice for organizations to reorganize their Help Center content without disrupting existing URLs, and Zendesk's platform supports this functionality. However, it's always a good idea to confirm this with Zendesk's documentation or community forums to ensure you're following the best practices for your specific scenario.</p>
</body>
</html>

You can copy this HTML code and send it directly through your API call to the software. This way, you ensure that the text is accurately formatted into HTML without relying on Markdown conversion.

EasyAiz - Zapier Experts