Help

Re: What happens when upgrading from Free to Plus eliminating one billable collaborator?

Solved
Jump to Solution
493 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patricia_Martin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone!
I have been using Airtable together with one collaborator for a while and reached record limit on one of my bases. Unfortunately, I think the service has a rather steep cost rise for users like me that have few basic bases with one collaborator only but who surpass a thousand records x base.

I am currently paying for premium services but none of them is $20 x month with the prospect of having to upgrade to $40 sometime soon. I was thinking of excluding my collaborator from the base workplace (making him not billable) and hence cutting my costs to half. Before doing that, I need to be extra SURE that my base data will remain as it is, and if I eliminate him I won’t lose any records and changes HE had previously made to my base.

Can anyone please advise me on how to proceed?

Thanks so much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Base data does not change with addition or removal of base collaborators. The only change I could forsee you running into is if you have a collaborator-type field, and any record had your former collaborator filled in, their name would be greyed out. This does not change the actual data for those records, its a visual indicator to warn you you won’t be able to reselect that person again since they are not a collaborator in the base.

If you’re still worried, you could always just reduce this person’s access down to read-only and they will no longer be billed for.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Base data does not change with addition or removal of base collaborators. The only change I could forsee you running into is if you have a collaborator-type field, and any record had your former collaborator filled in, their name would be greyed out. This does not change the actual data for those records, its a visual indicator to warn you you won’t be able to reselect that person again since they are not a collaborator in the base.

If you’re still worried, you could always just reduce this person’s access down to read-only and they will no longer be billed for.

Thanks Kamille! Your tip to just reduce the person’s access to read-only sounds great! I appreciate it.