cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi

I am thinking of setting up a base, but I am not sure what’s the best way. I want to create a base that will have about 25 different TV shows (having the same number of tables will be too many tables in one base). Then I want to have fields for: TV Show Name, Season, Episode Number, Air Date and Name Of Episode. These Field Names will remain the same, just the data entered will be different and I will be entering data on a weekly basis, that’s why I was thinking of using Integromat.

Views might be a little tricky with Integromat, so I don’t want to use them.

Any help would really help.

Thank you,
Mary

14 Replies 14

Hi Jeremy_Oglesby

Am I on the right track to create records, one after the other, (started this with “MURDOCH MYSTERIES”), in the episodes table, for all the TV shows. I wasn’t sure, unless I am missing something or do I include the episode names in the seasons table? Should it be listed one record after the other or in its own field across?

Thank you for your patience, as I make my way through this.

Mary

Here’s how I would set it up, Mary:

0d41b7239ab01c5f5e8f76a7f7d714f76ba86a36.png

Airtable: Organize anything you can imagine

Airtable works like a spreadsheet but gives you the power of a database to organize anything. Sign up for free.

Hi Jeremy_Oglesby

Thank you very much for the base setup. I realize you are busy, so thank you for doing this. I now have a better idea of how the base looks like, since I am a visual person, it’s easier to see how the base should be set up.

Thank you,
Mary

Hi Jeremy_Oglesby

I have had a chance to take a look at the base that you were kind enough to do. It’s great. I actually typed up a guide to show me, in text format, how the base is layed out, so I can see visually how it looks on paper.

I need to create another field: “AUTO #”, since I will be creating an integration with Integromat and I need a key field/unique I.D. number. I just wanted to get an idea how to do this. I am guessing that I would create it in the first table and link it to the other two tables, in sequence, but with what fields in each table do I link it to? Or do I create the same field in each table, linking all the same fields in all three tables? Or do I just set the field up in all three tables, as a stand alone field? I would like to chose the easiest way, that will accomplish the same result–a key field, in all tables.

Thank you for your help,
Mary

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi

Can someone take a look at reply #14, just above? I would be interested in how to do this.

Thank you,
Mary