Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Binthout_BV
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I am a new enthusiastic in Airtable, so forgive me stupidity ;-), but:
A few days ago there handles most left on the records so I could drag them in another group of records (in the same table of course). But now these handles suddenly seem disappeared. Does anyone know what is going on here?

Best regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

My gut says that it’s a grouping restriction, not sorting. If you have something grouped and sorted, you can normally move items between groups, but only when the groups are driven via an editable field. When the group is driven by a calculated field (formula, lookup, rollup, etc.), it can’t be manually moved to a new group. Look at your view’s group settings for a note like this:

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.49.53 PM

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, Binthout! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: The drag handle still works for me. If your browser (or desktop app) has been open for a while, you might consider restarting the browser/app to force a complete refresh of the interface.

Thanks for your response Justin. We discovered today that the drag handles disappeared because of some sorting restriction.

I am running into the same issue. What sorting requirement was chosen? I appreciate your help!

My gut says that it’s a grouping restriction, not sorting. If you have something grouped and sorted, you can normally move items between groups, but only when the groups are driven via an editable field. When the group is driven by a calculated field (formula, lookup, rollup, etc.), it can’t be manually moved to a new group. Look at your view’s group settings for a note like this:

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.49.53 PM