2717 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen_Sulliva
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to create a ‘Find Record’ Airtable Task in Zapier that finds a row based on the values in two columns, {USER ID} and {TAGGED RX}.

The USER ID should match the value in a previous step and the TAGGED RX should equal 0. This is the formula I am using, but it is creating an error:

{USER ID}="{{29838037__user__user_id}}"&"{Tagged Rx}=“0”

Is there a mistake in my code?

Thanks you!

15 Replies 15

Julian, thanks for your advice.

I try to use Integromat, but I have a problem.
I can’t adapt your formula for Integromat.

Hi @Andrew_Andrievich

The formula is actually simpler in Integromat - here is an example which goes through my Active Project with Airtable as the database:

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 11.28.16.png

Note the Max Records field - this defaults to one - which means that only one record would be returned - so change this to a number large enough to return all the possible records.

Any steps after this will be performed for each returned record (you can also aggregate them etc when you become a bit more proficient).

Andrew_Andrievi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Julian,

Really thank you for you help.
I will try to use Integromat.

Stephen_Cook
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Using search formula to find and match a record based on their name and date, screenshots below. I’m using Julian’s “AND” formula and Zapier keeps creating new records instead of matching the one that exists. Any ideas?

Zap search formula setup:
Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.39.04 PM

Record I’m trying to match in Airtable:
Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.38.53 PM

Zapier’s test result:
Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.40.25 PM

Alex_Velazquez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey guys, running into the same issue here.

I placed the Airtable Record ID inside of the string of a Slack message that i would like it to find.

I cant get this search formula to work, i am also not a developer myself so i have no business doing this. I’ve been trying to get this to work for 3 days… almost losing hope.

Can you guys help me with writing the formula exactly as you would as a reply below?

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 4.53.35 PM

Hi, can we have {Status} = “Active” AND {Database} contains “Airtable”?