Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to change the notification email address on forms

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc_Bernitz1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I'd like to be able to change the email address notifications are sent to when someone completes a form.

How does is solve the user problems?

There are multiple team members and we have a shared email address for user submissions but emails can only be sent to the admin. It would especially help with multiple forms each with a different team contact or where there are dedicated email addresses for forms.

How was this validated?

All emails come to me, and then I have to forward them to the team.

Who is the target audience?

Teams

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are 2 ways to do this:

1. Create an automation for when a form is submitted. This is the easiest way to do it.

2. What you want to do is already built into the forms, but the Airtable engineers have implemented it in the most unintuitive, confusing, and ridiculous way ever. Each team member has to log into Airtable, go to the form in Airtable, and scroll down to the bottom of the form where they can enable/disable their own email receiving ability for that particular form.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

p.s. For other Airtable customers who are reading this in the future, one other important thing to remember is that we are never restricted to just using Airtable’s forms.

For even more email control, we can always use any advanced form app on the web (such as JotForm or Fillout or Cognito Forms) and then send the form submissions to Airtable.

Some of these automatically communicate with Airtable on their own, and others can communicate with Airtable by using Make. For advanced email automations, can use Make to handle all the emails, or you can use the built-in email capabilities of the form app itself.