Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to create folders and subfolders within a workspace

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Some of my teams are going to be getting to the point of having 50+ bases soon.

Please can we make folders and subfolders within a team so that I can get them organised?

82 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Check this:

Stephen_Broadbe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also have this problem. It is becoming cumbersome to organize bases in a logical way beyond a naming convention in the title. For example, I have bases that are dashboard oriented project management workflows, bases for managing progress on specific projects and bases for tracking and logging. Especially when a project base is completed, there is no way to archive it or put it into a place that doesn’t distract from the “active bases.” This creates a disincentive to use Airtable for workflows that are not just large and unending. Folders at the workspace level would be a simple but powerful feature. Look at simple tools like Lucidchart for inspiration.

Also, it seems this is a popular request but I don’t see any input form the Airtable team. Just a long list of requests that have gone unanswered.

Sam_Davis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
I have a base of “Inventory Report” that i need to do monthly,
Will not make sense to have them just like that - we need a way to organize the inventory reports into a folder.

Same we have many weekly/monthly reports that we would like to have in a uniqe base.

Mario_Pulido
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Folders and the ability to give permissions per folder is critical .

Sarah_Filipiak
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes, we need this feature!

Marshall_Bryant

Not having a way to organize 5 - 10 bases is fine and all but having 15+ bases to organize can be a bit tricky without a folder system.

Thanks!

Rupert_Hoffsch1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Much needed as well as archiving bases!

Josh_Gnaizda
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes +1. Just simply adding folders to workspaces would be a huge improvement.

Melinda_Byerley

adding my upvote. we have multiple clients and multiple bases per clients. it makes no sense we can’t group these together. it’s so hard to find, esp with so many similar colors.

Viet_Hoang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1.

Although I don’t see this happening anytime soon. Seems to be an intentional design decision if you look at their plan pricing :confused: