Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to hide Field Description in shared views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Palmer
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

It would be great to have a toggle for show/hide field descriptions when creating a (view only) shared view through a link. I often add notes in the field description about what table the field links to, how I’m using the field, an explanation of the formula I wrote, and/or other base ‘administration’ details. When I am sharing a view with a colleague, I want them to be able to view the data in the base (the field name is usually explanatory enough for this purpose), but keep my field descriptions to myself. Adding this feature would be really great and would help make the shared views look more polished and professional.

Anyone else running into this concern?

Thanks.

2 Comments
jamesvclements
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d like this as well! I have descriptions of the fields that help the account managers when they’re in Airtable – but we embed these views on a client-facing dashboard, so the client can see the descriptions intended for the account managers.

pmsoltani

I’ve just noticed this on a shared calendar view. It is basically spilling out all the internal processes that I’ve put into creating that application.

I’m seriously considering removing all the descriptions until there’s an option to hide them from shared views.