Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add new linked record when entering data in a form

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Robbins
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One of my fields is a link to another table. I’d like end-users who are using the Form to add data to be able to create new records in the linked table but from the primary table data entry form.

139 Comments
Kari_Thrasher
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1!!! Airtable please help us with this!

Andreas_Bardorf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 We would also really highly appreciate this feature

vlado_vaco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
this is a must after four years

David_Polizzi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sorry I haven’t visited this thread in over a year. The work around I use is to include hyperlinks to forms of the linked datapoint that is missing.

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 10.00.27 AM

In this example when entering data and I arrive to the customer portion I can select a list of customers or if this is a first time customer I will select the hyperlink to the secondary form to add the information then go back and select the new record. This link is added to the description portion.

Tristan-ARG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am also needing this feature,

I use the form so that employees send payment approval requests for different proyects.

Many times the employees are starting a new project so they cannot select it from the list, they will need to add it. It would be great if this feature is added.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I just wrote a show-and-tell post that might help in this situation. See method #2 in the post:

Steve_Lehmann
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for our team. We need this feature.

Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 from me. I ran into a roadblock when working on a table because I need this feature. Seeing how far the requests go back for this----- yikes :confused:

Alison_Pollecut
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m going to add my name to the list of people that want tjhis feature but, given how long people have been asking for this (with no response), I’m not hopeful that anyone at Airtable is listening, which is really sad.

Kate_Avery
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature! @Airtable