Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add option to give a color to field headers

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I was just scrolling through my Membership base, where I have several fields. Can Airtable consider adding something along the lines of users being able to change the color of the field name cells? I feel like this ability to visually group similar fields would be very helpful for faster navigation and information processing within larger bases (e.g. quickly identifying contact, financial, and other similar sections).

Thank you!

2 Comments
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This would be a nice feature. In the meantime, you can use emoji in your field names to make it easier to identify fields. Unfortunately this method makes field names longer, and renaming fields can cause problems with scripts and integrations.

Jessica_Pena
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Okay, so I found another use case where being able to add color to fields would be incredibly helpfulโ€“ Letโ€™s say I have synced a table into my XYZ base, within the synced table I have added two fields that I edit from within XYZ base. It would be really nice to be able to quickly see my editable fields within the synced table.