Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Adding general notes and/or attachments to an air table

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pschorsch
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Occasionally I find the need to be able to add a general comment to an entire table (not base, not record).  Would be great if you can add a function to the table drop-down, like 'add attachments'.  The attachment might be a PowerPoint presentation providing context for the table, and excel file explaining calculations, etc.

3 Comments
FlywheelConsult
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

There is a base guide feature where you can make notes and while it doesn't support attachments, you could provide a URL to relevant attachments. 

FlywheelConsult_0-1681829931572.png

pschorsch

Thanks, @FlywheelConsult.   I think that 'base guide' is a great place to consider for posting general materials useful for the entire base but I was hoping Airtable could add a similar feature for each table.

FlywheelConsult
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@pschorsch Fair enough, there are also table descriptions that could be used in that way though it's not as robust as you seem to want. I apologize if you're aware of that field as well. It does seem to continue to expand with however much text you want to add.

FlywheelConsult_0-1681849768913.png