Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Additional Search Tool Options

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m guessing this request has already been made by others before, but I couldn’t find it.
In almost every table I create, I have to create a “Search” view that I use in place of the existing Search tool in the upper-right corner. About 90% of the time, when I’m searching, I’m looking for something in the name field of the record, so I use this search view to filter for that. Sometimes I choose to filter my search by adding additional filters, such as “Status” or “Type”, etc.
I wish that the built-in Search tool worked this way, so I wouldn’t have to create a Search view in every table. Rarely do I want to search every field in every record for a value. I wish I could set the default field that the Search tool searches in, with the option to select other fields or add additional filters.
Let me know if anything about this needs further clarification.

4 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You might want to take a look at the Search extension — it seems to do much of what you’re looking for:

Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Yeah, I know about that, but you shouldn’t have to have a separate app that you have to open. I wish they would just add these features to the search tool, so you could just hit CTRL+F and enter your search and have it work the way you set it to.
Are there any downsides to this change that others can see?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Not sure if it will help for your needs, but you can hit Shift-Command-F to open the filter menu (Shift-Control-F on Windows).

Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

That’s good to know! Not the solution, but helpful!