Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Airtable branding on charts, summary etc

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eli_Kent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I know that his has been requested a number of times. I couldn’t find to +1, so I’m doing so here.

It’s so chintzy to have the AT logos on the summaries and charts I share. A big thing pushing me to explore other options.

1 Comment
Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

“Chintzy” is a good way to describe this.

Technology vendors - for the most part - falsely believe they have some sort of stake in your data or your solution. Most would say - well, upgrade to the paid tier to rid your content of our advertisements. Even this is inappropriate when it comes to sharing the data you own.

Brand-building through logos and repeated queues is fine, but when the vendor holds you hostage by attempting to inject their brand into every report, chart, or email message - that’s where the marketing strategy begins to backfire.

Businesses “hire” Airtable to do a job, and the better they do that job, the more likely they will be asked to do many more jobs. Reports and other shared assets using data that the customer owns - not Airtable - and presented in professional and compelling ways, will win new customers.

It would be far smarter if they dropped in a little tiny “How I Built This” info icon which linked to the solution-makers profile which also included info about Airtable, an affiliate link, a brief narrative about the solution. Displayed in the free tier, and optional paid tiers, I suspect many solution-makers would be happy to include this information all the time.