Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Allow hide the "Create a View" panel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Please allow hiding the Create a View pane on the bottom of the Views pane. I want to keep the Views pane but don’t want to see the “create a view” section. I suggest to add a toggle on the view configuration. This adds additional space to view the list of views without need to scroll it (not ideal on small laptop screens).

hidepan

18 Comments
Jonathan_Elliot
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Great suggestion. Create a View has been expanded and is now taking away screen real estate from views.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, this is a much needed improvement.

This is how bad it is on my client’s MacBook Air:

Jarvis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Agreed. I can’t understand why the UX designers changed the side panel so that now 50% of the view list is being taken up by “Create a view”. Maybe they’re only using large monitors, which is why they’re not even aware of this problem. Because if they were, the “Create a view” wouldn’t have taken so much space.

Not to mention that many of my base users keep clicking on those unintentionally. Just last week, I had to remove 50+ such views which were created by my users this way. All of those were named like “Calendar”, “Kanban 12”, “Grid view 21”, and so on. What a waste of time

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, I think it’s clear that the Airtable engineers don’t spend much time using the actual product that they’re creating. If they did, the dozens of problems like this that exist in Airtable wouldn’t exist.

This has been happening with my clients as well! So frustrating.

I would recommend that everyone send an email message to support@airtable.com about this issue. They famously don’t listen to user feedback, but we should at least let them know how we feel about this issue.

Michael_Villero
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It seems you used to be able to hide views, but I don’t see the gear icon. Hide "Create a View" and "Use a suggested view" - #5

Simon_H
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The create view section is indeed super annoying and occupies way to much real estate for what it does.
It should be limited to a single Add View button that expands to allow for selecting a view type.

In the meantime I am using a chrome plugin called stylebot
with the folowing style applied to airtable.com
#viewSidebarContent > [data-tutorial-selector-id]{
display: none;
}
It is easy to toggle on or off so i can quickly re-add the buttons when needed

itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Useful to know. Thank you.

LW-SavvyIndie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed on this!
It especially confuses new users, who you really want to focus on using stuff that you’ve created.
Here’s a really smart idea:
Especially hide it for people who are not Creators in a Base :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Be sure to write support@airtable.com about this! They don’t pay much attention to us here.

LW-SavvyIndie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

done