Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Allow zero in ratings

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
PAL
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The rating field type does not allow a value of zero stars. Currently, Iโ€™m using a single-select type instead, as I do need that value to be available in some cases.

Adding this possibility, for instance using a checkbox named something like โ€œAllow zero ratingโ€, would be welcome.

7 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

But the minimum is 1, a 0 means no rating (yet). What do you want to achieve?

PAL

@Elias_Gomez_Sainz
I understand that. But, in real life, a rating of zero is different from the absence of rating. For instance, in a number-based school grading system, handing in a blank copy gets you a zero; not passing the exam because youโ€™re sick gets you no rating.

I know itโ€™s become customary for commercial websites, for instance, to not allow a true zero rating. But other usages (or other choices for this use case) do exist.

I just want to be able to give a rating of zero. Currently, the minimum is one; we should be able to decide that the minimum may be zero.

For instance, if I want to rate dishes, the rating for what I donโ€™t like at all should be zero. A rating of one means โ€œa littleโ€.

Leonardo_Cesar_
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I use โ€œno ratingโ€ for zero and works fineโ€ฆ but its true, you could get it wrong by thinking its not rated yet.

Leonardo_Cesar_
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

it occurred to me that this could be achievable by having two-color ratings.
for example yellow stars as up-rating, and red stars as down-rating.
one red-star is obviously a zero. different from a non-rating

PAL

@Leonardo_Cesar_Ramos
โˆ’ โข1โข โ‰  0 โ‰  + 1 โ‰  unknownโขโข.โข

PAL

Here is my current workaround.

Eric_Pause
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m also pretty interested by this feature " add a zero value within the rating field".

I want to inject data from a typeform survey into a table and the NPS (Net Promoter Score) scale is from 0 to 10. Airtable only allow a range from 1 to 10, and it is impossible for me to import my typeform data :confused: .