Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatic bidirectional linked records in same table

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Cat_Holland
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way when linking Record A to Record B that Record B can automatically be linked back to Record A?

84 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Works that way by default.

Cat_Holland

Then I must have it turned off because itโ€™s not working for me. Is there a setting somewhere I can check?

Wallace_Miller

Cat,

Cross-linking is automatic. Check if the field is โ€œhiddenโ€ (Hide fields).

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Nope.

Wallace_Miller

Looks like it is working as intended in your video. The records are linked.

What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

Cat_Holland

In this table I have linked the polish Ursula to the polish Jafar (in the same table) using the Others in Collection field. When you look at the Jafar card, it does not link back to Ursula. I want each individual polish in a collection, to link to every other individual polish in that collection. But I donโ€™t want to have to do it by hand.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I see, in the same table the link is not bidirectional. Could you have a Collection table to relate those polishes?

Cat_Holland

I have a collection table with the name of the collection and all of the polishes in that collection, some of which I do not have.
Is there a way to make links in the same table bidirectional?

William_Nutt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Very glad to see same-table Rollups, but the bidirectional linking is crucial to maximize the feature. Please prioritize this!

Adam_Rogers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m going to put my bid in on this feature as well. it would fix a major hole in my work flowโ€ฆ