Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatic bidirectional linked records in same table

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Cat_Holland
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way when linking Record A to Record B that Record B can automatically be linked back to Record A?

84 Comments
Kim_Trager1
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

really need this tooโ€ฆ

Mohamed_Bin_Abd

I really really need this. Can no one think of a suitable work around?

Jeremy_Hermann
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need this too - very hard to work around

Aardvark

Absolutely necessary.

Just re-built my entire Base (again) because working around this missing feature became such a tangled mess since I canโ€™t have categories with entries that link back other entries in different categories in the same table.

EG:
People Table:

Name | Student/Teacher | Taught Students | Had Teachers
Mark | Teacher         | Billy, Jane     |
Billy| Student         |                 | Mark
Jane | Student         |                 | Mark, Sally
Sally| Teacher         | Jane            |
Rose_Fox

YES PLEASE. Iโ€™m using the Product Launch template, which has the โ€œBlocked byโ€ field, and when a task is complete, it would be great to have an automatically generated โ€œBlocker forโ€ field, a list of tasks blocked by that task, so I can move on to working on those.

David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

The simple solution here would be to add a simple switch to allow bi-directional linking on self-linking linked record fields. For example, letโ€™s say I have an Inventory table and a Packed With linked record field pointing to the same Inventory table, Iโ€™d like a toggle switch in the linked record fieldโ€™s options to allow bi-directional linking (itโ€™s a major pain to have to go to both records and add these in manually!!!). There are many clear use cases to allow users to choose how the linked record field should behave on self-linking linked record fields.

kbitz

Any update here? @Katherine_Duh

J_J_B

bidirectional linking in obe table is also wanted here

Tyler_Hartgrove

Darn, I was wanting a way to link referred customers to each other without having to have two separate tables. This needs to be a thing!

Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™m adding my vote here. Iโ€™m assigning issues to user stories which are stored in the same table, but I canโ€™t see which issues belong to a story.