Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automatically-populated table picking up data from other tables

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Pjotr_Gainullin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The specific use case I have is interactive content production where many different elements come together to create a single production. Every element like scripting, translation, voice-over etc has its own table and there seems to be no way to then bring all the elements together in one table to have a general view of where the project is (including filtering by person/status etc)

3 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You can bring data from another Table with the Lookup field type:

Pjotr_Gainullin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

yes I thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m doing now, but what I have in mind is different - itโ€™s more like a Pivot Table that uses the data from the entire base rather than just one table

Sepehr_Sisakht
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Also, how about a way to populate table based on a matching rule or something like a query script. Lookup still requires you to manually add value in a linked field then based on that will populate others fields. What if I want to field to be populated from Table A, when a matching row from table B gets updated ? I donโ€™t want the user to still have to go back to Table A and manually enter some value then get a lookup to populate the rest. Hope I am clear