Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Better Default Field Value Behavior

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larry_Price
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m running several bases that have numeric fields with default values that always need to be greater than zero. I have more than ten collaborators on most of them. I spend more than a fair amount of time fixing fields with blank entries as they get deleted.

It would be nice if the field maintained at least the default value. Functionally, this means that deleting a cell with a default value on 1 would reset the value to 1 instead of leaving a blank cell.

2 Comments
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

I agree! I think this could apply to other static type cells as well, such as single select. It seems like a simple thing to implement to allow the user to select a “default” option out of the single select options available to always auto-fill a newly created cell with. This would make project initiation a breeze by auto-filling that “Stage” single-select cell with the “New” or “Incomplete” or whatever first stage option you might have.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve built a solution for this (kinda). This extension allows you to set a default value that applies automatically to any new record.