Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Block and/or reporting feature to break apart one-to-many relationships

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
typo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I posted this in a comments thread, but I wanted to re-post it as a product suggestion:

For reporting purposes, it would be helpful to be able to break apart one-to-many (or many-to-many) data links . I understand that AirTable doesn’t want to duplicate records, but maybe AirTable could add a block feature or a reporting/export feature which would let you break apart the one-to-many (or many-to-many) relationship and then export that report as a CSV? (The Pivot table kind of accomplishes this, but there’s no way to export the data into a spreadsheet or view it item by item). Bosses and supervisors often want these kinds of reports. Right now, I generate the report by creating a script in integromat which parses out the data and then moves it into a google sheet. But that solution is a fragile and I have to hand adjust the script for each new table. I’d love to have a quick way to generate this report. (Yes-- I know I could achieve this by adding/linking additional tables for each and every one-to-many or many-to-many relationship, but that would require completely restructuring my data and adding dozens of superfluous tables-- tables which would ONLY exist for the purposes of generating the report. It makes much more sense for AirTable to provide a quick way to parse, view, & export the data).