Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Bulk change view configurations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RnJ
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Please make it an option to select multiple views and change specific configurations.

Use case - I have a base with hundreds of identical views shared with outside customers and the only difference is each view is filtered by the specific customer (so they can only see their information we want to give them). If change one of the filtered fields, I then must manually go into each each view and re-do the configurations.

Right now I have to create a “Template View”.
Go into each view and “Copy another view’s configuration”
Select the “Template View”
Select all to copy configuration
Go into the filter and change the customer name back to who I made the view for.
Then repeat 100’s of times
This takes hours :frowning:

Would be nice to just be able to select multiple views at once and edit specific configurations. Then should only take a minute.

Thanks for listening.

3 Comments
RnJ
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Thank you. I have looked into Stacker, however I am not sure I can justify the increased cost ($1,500~$6,000 per year). I am trying to play with it more to see if it will be a possibly, but we are having an issue loading my base into their system. Their team is looking into it. Thanks again.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Having hundreds of Airtable views is absolutely not ideal. Take a look at our client portal extension. I think it’s a good solution for your case.

g_oneil
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Similar request - different purpose.
I want to batch select views so I can bulk change the configuration to match and also to bulk delete.
For example, I renamed a field so now all the filters / colours have gone from every single view and I have to change the configuration one by one, and there are many. I already did this exercise today due to needing to change a field type. Each view is specific to departments in the organisation.