Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Calendar view by 2-months, quarter, annual

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Julian_Gonzalez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Not having this capability caused us to leave Airtable last year when looking to use it for planning, tracking, & communicating our go-to-market (GTM) projects. We are now giving it another try and having success for OKR management and want to again attempt using it for providing visibility into our GTMs.

The calendar view need to enable us to see monthly, 2 months, quarterly, and annual views (at a minimum 2 and 3 months at time). This is critical for GTM planning & communications. It would enable us, as well as key stakeholders across the company to get a comprehensive view of upcoming launches and those identified for further out in the year.

Without this capability, we may not be able to use this for planning, tracking, and communicating GTM projects.

And no, the Timeline view does not meet this need very wellโ€ฆ and if it did, it would also need to include the ability to publish the timeline view.

8 Comments
Peter_Steinberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I second the need for more flexibility in the Calendar view of things. Weโ€™re likely committed to AirTable but this missing aspect to data viewing prevents us from moving several business functions into AirTable. ๐Ÿ˜•

Brittany_Taylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™d love to see additional flexibility in Calendar view.

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Either this or grouping in the timeline, itโ€™s very important to visualize things between months in our case, ie. event planning.

Jules_Kinder
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If Airtable actually acts on this, it will be a gamechanger. As far as my Marketing Calendar goes, Iโ€™m really struggling to view anything 1) longterm and 2) By my chosen categories. A table-style view with an option to sort by a particular value would be amazingโ€ฆ
I end up using another service just for that, which means double the workโ€ฆ

Caitlin_Gillis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The projects my team works on have 2 to 5 year incubation periods. To avoid over commitment at any particular time we have to look at all of the projects together in a calendar or gnatt view and stagger them. It seems like a digital calendar with 12 month views is a market opportunity, I donโ€™t see anything else out there filling the void. My team members that arenโ€™t MS Project savvy are resorting to paper calendars posted on walls and excel documents but this leads to version control issuesโ€ฆ how can we share and publish important information to our whole organization quickly? Why not add this feature as a report we can run easily?

Kendall_Shortt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed and definitely a needed feature.

Alexander_Savin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

please add, as I have not so many events, but need to see an overview at a glance of the entire year!

Hal_9000
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update to this valuable request from AirTable, yet? Noting the initial conversation started in 2019 and now itโ€™s Q1 2022. 3-month view is doable now; however, an annual view would be incredible as reasons stated above. Thank you!