Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Changing Displayed Field in Calendar View and/or Display Value of Field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Cliff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Continuing the discussion from Changing Displayed Field in Calendar View:

Just wanted to cross post this in the correct forum since it’s not a feature I couldn’t find but a feature that doesn’t exist yet.

It would be nice if we could change the display field of a table to be something other than the primary key field.

Thanks!

64 Comments
Ellen_Holloway
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This feature would be really great! +1 vote from me

When I set up calendar I had a different field as the main field and it was a pain to reconfigure the entire table becuase I didn’t know which one the calendar would show.

I would also say it would be really helpful to be able to change that easily with views that showed different fields. I have to check two things on the calendar view and it’s a bit cumbersome to click into each record each time I have to check the other thing that’s not the main field.

AL1S

I’m in agreement with others here. I’d like to use the calendar view to schedule social media posts, where the various channels are the display value. As is, calendar view is a nice idea, but proving useless for me.

Joel_R_Putnam
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be great - I’m running classes for people in jails. The teachers of the classes want to know when trials and sentencing hearings are, but only for the people in their classes. If I could make a combo field as described above and make that the displayed view in the calendar and ical feed, that would mean the teachers don’t have to sort through dozens of names to find their own (and I wouldn’t have to screw up the other functionality of the base by turning that combined field into the primary key).

Akhil_Kotian
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree with the discussion! 1+ vote from me too. I would like to see a summary section below the display field for each calendar event, so that more information can be captured by the calendar view.

Mark_Olson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a much needed feature!

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

On this one, really important when having to share a Base but different teams need different calendars.

Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Returning on this one to avoid opening new threads.
It would be also very helpful to be able to set what each iCal fields display in general:

1. Name of event (currently on the key column)
  2. Description (currently only displays the direct item URL)
  3. Location
  4. Reccurence / Automatic scheduling (there’s specific notation for that one)
Michael_Clive
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be extraordinarily helpful to our business.

Shae_Redding_Ro

I’m with Heracles,

I need to see more then just a URL in iCal. I was thinking maybe i need a formula but reading this… I know it’s not just me. Even if everything comes up as Text that would help. I’m even hoping that in the attachment field (in iCal) would show the name of the attachment. Doesn’t have to have the attachment just show me the name.

Mosaic_Wellness
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also want to voice support for this feature!

In our case, we may have the same ‘event’ (class type) many times. Yet, we would not want all instances of the same ‘class’ to have the same Primary Key. Yet, in a calendar, you usually want the event name showing up in the calendar entries.

So, this is a very, very logical feature to be implemented in order to make the calendar into a more appropriate tool.