Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Changing Displayed Field in Calendar View and/or Display Value of Field

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Sarah_Cliff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Continuing the discussion from Changing Displayed Field in Calendar View:

Just wanted to cross post this in the correct forum since itโ€™s not a feature I couldnโ€™t find but a feature that doesnโ€™t exist yet.

It would be nice if we could change the display field of a table to be something other than the primary key field.

Thanks!

64 Comments
Lydia_Freeman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for our business! We need to be able to 1) change the displayed title of the calendar event and 2) hide or re-order fields displayed when expanding events.

Risa_Hoag
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! Iโ€™m shocked this isnโ€™t an option! Please institute this! The formula wonโ€™t work for me.

Aardvark
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please add this critical feature!

Lukasz_Turolski
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here. Canโ€™t believe this doesnโ€™t already exist.

Russell_Bishop1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Agreed - this should be configurable in the same way that Kanban/Gallery cards are.

Pammy_L
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Almost 4 years since this important feature was asked. Still donโ€™t think you can prioritize it? Is it THAT unuseful in your eyes?

Dustin_Myers
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sad that such a simple feature canโ€™t be added in this span of timeโ€ฆ This is needed

Al_Cowie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have just worked out how to do this. Go to Customise Field Type, and change the field to Formula. Then, create the formula that will take the required information from the other fields in the entry.

There is some useful (if poorly explained) information if you search Airtable support Using a formula in the primary field (I included the link to that, but in their wisdom, Airtable donโ€™t allow links in these posts!)

Quite difficult to work out what is required, maybe Airtable will rewrite it so that it is easier to understand, but a bit of trial and error - or phone a friend! and you should get there.

Essentially, the formula you choose will be for every entry in that field, so for instance if you ask it to take information from the name field and the date field by writing the formula {Name}&" " &{Date}, then it will show those two together. (e.g. James 31/01/2020).

I get the impression that Airtable can do a lot more, but I would invite them to rewrite their support section in plain English and with more examples, it would make things very much easier, and then even us non-excel-gurus can get the benefit.

Hope this helps people

David_Koontz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks @Al_Cowie - with a bit of work and lots of juggling I made a new (copied) Table with a Concatnated composite field for the AirTable key ( AMZN 2 @ $1812 = $3624 ) and then used the Calendar view. From the view I could then download an iCal file to my Mac calendar with useful info for my stock purchases.

Iโ€™d really appreciate AirTable putting this feature for the Calendar View (select a field - rather than the default table 1st field) on their backlog of features.

Erin_Milne1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Chiming in to agree with all the previous requests for this feature!